https://www.fsbbigvoice.co.uk ("Our Site"), and is designed to ensure you are protected and your privacy respected. Whilst this might seem formal, it is here to enable your security and enjoyment of being part of the Community.
Our Site is operated by or on behalf of The Federation of Small Businesses (
we, us and our). For the purposes of the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 ("Data Protection Law"), we are the data controller. Our registered office address is Sir Frank Whittle Way, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 2FE and our registered number of 1263540. For our contact details please see below.
Our Site is powered and hosted by Verve Partners Limited (
"Verve") who provides us with a Community for the purposes of conducting market research among our customers and prospects. Verve acts as a data processor, processing your personal data on our behalf for the purposes of providing you with access to Our Site.
This policy and the
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us directly when you interact with us by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site, participate in discussions, surveys, answer mini polls, suggest ideas on or via Our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, submit a query, and when you report a problem with Our Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail and phone number, personal description, photograph, login and password details, responses to surveys, media capture (including video and voice recordings) and other discussions which take place on Our Site.
Information we collect about you from using Our Site: We will automatically collect information from you each time you visit Our Site. This includes:
- Technical information. This may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit. This may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our helpdesk or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Location data. We collect information through Our Site as to your real-time location to provide location services where requested or agreed to by you in order to deliver content, activities or other services that are dependent on knowing where you are. This information is also collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to Our Site.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you:
- if you use any of the other websites, apps we operate or the other services we provide.
- from third parties we work closely with.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical analytics, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them, and if we intend to share your data with them, and the purposes for which we intend to use it for. We will also tell you if we will combine the data collected from third parties with data collected about you, and for what purpose.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As described in our
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information we collect from you may be used for the following purposes:
- to contact you by email to invite you to take part in specific market, social and satisfaction research activities
- to obtain your views on products, services and the activities of the Community
- for entry into free prize draws and to contact you should you win and to send you any prizes
- for informing you of the benefit/s to you, as a result of your registering to use the Community and participating in surveys
- to process your answers to surveys and analyse the results:
- this may be in aggregated form which does not identify you, or
- at a level which will only be associated with your screen name and will not contain any personally identifiable information or be in a manner which enables us to identify you personally
- to provide you with information and services that you directly request from us
- to help us improve our services, for example enabling us to act upon information you provide us or to deal with any complaints or concerns you raise with us
- to ensure that content from the Community is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device(s)
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and will use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Also, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
WHO WE GIVE YOUR INFORMATION TO
We may give your information to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy.
- Selected third parties. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If FSB or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FSB, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the UK or European Economic Area ("EEA").
Our Site may make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and avoid posting any personal information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. These use a number of controls to ensure your data is kept secure at all times. As an ISO 27001 certified company, Verve has the administrative, technical and physical controls in place to keep your data secure at all times. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
Data is retained for the life cycle of the Community and in accordance with the contract between us and Verve, which may require the data to be stored for a further six months after the closure of the Community. This is in line with data protection legislation and Market Research Society guidelines on retention of data. This may include retention necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you, to identify issues or to resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data;
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
- Your right to withdraw consent: where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint).
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY